Due to the Corona Virus (COVID-19) outbreak and the increased bans imposed on company travel, Water Europe has decided to respect the growing concerns of its network and cancel Water Market Europe 2020 (18-19 March 2020).
Given that the health threat will presumably continue to be an issue for an extended time and that WE annual events are strategically spread over the year, we have taken the decision to cancel and not postpone the events at a later time, as any such decision could compromise the Water Europe's calendar for the remainder of the year.
Our Water Europe events form an important building block in our strategy and therefore, we are diligently working towards finding alternative ways to keep our services at their highest level and implement effectively our strategy the next period of time. All the already registered attendees of our events will be contacted individually.
We regret very much that we have had to take this decision.
Water Europe team
Digital and Cybersecurity solutions for Utilities and Industries
The new European Commission highlights how the development of digital technologies and economy is one of the top priorities for making Europe competitive and holding the leadership in the global scenario.
The water sector needs new digital solutions for a resilient and secure water smart society and digital technologies already are and will continue changing the water domain with a strong impact on the water market development in Europe and beyond, opening significant and unprecedented business opportunities.
With the digitalization of the water systems, solutions rapidly spread into addressing water emerging challenges to maximize the efficiency of the systems, but also serious cybersecurity threats arise for the users such as industries and water utilities.
That’s why Water Market Europe 2020 is made for you to address challenges and needs for innovation by matchmaking the demand and the offer of efficient digital and cybersecurity solutions for the water sector.
Water Market Europe 2020 will focus on digital water solutions that:
- have proven to be effective in increasing the efficiency of the systems while reducing losses, preventing failures and increase cost-effectiveness for utilities and industries.
- are a terrific market opportunity for solution providers to address water emerging challenges and maximize the efficiency of the systems.
- are able to address and prevent existing and arising cyber-security threats.
The edition of WME2020 includes the dissemination of the outcomes of the STOP-IT project (Strategic, Tactical, Operational Protection of water Infrastructure against cyber-physical Threats) to increase awareness and enlarge the audience of utilities and industries that can receive benefit from the STOP-IT project solutions and provide inputs for addressing emerging challenges.
Water Market Europe 2020 Structure:
- The Market Scenario: Introduction on Digital Water and Cybersecurity: challenges and opportunities;
- MarketPlace: Presentations of digital and cybersecurity challenges by Utilities and Industries (Presenting participant: Utilities and Industries);
- MarketTest: Cyber-security simulation threats;
- Matchmaking: B2B meetings session between the WME2020 participants for the matchmaking of demand and offer of digital innovative solutions.
If you need more information regarding the event's registration process or payment settings, please contact Ms. Anca Popa, Event Coordinator.